Sunday, January 24, 2010

Grandma Turpin's 93rd Birthday

Hannah and I went with Mom and Dad to visit Grandma for her 93rd Birthday! I had not been to see her for a really long time. The last 2 times I had been to see her she had no idea who I was. Most of the time she does not remember a whole lot. We all had a really good time, cake, ice cream! Grandma still has her sweet tooth she had a big piece of cake and ice cream and wanted another piece when she was done. She just hugged on Hannah and played with the curls in her hair. Then when we were getting ready to leave she said "Beth, I am so glad you came to see me"! It made me cry. I could tell by the look in her eyes that for just a few seconds she knew who I was! I love you Grandma! Happy Birthday!


4 comments:

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

awwww!! that almost made me cry!!

melanie said...

love shared with your grandmother is so special. I deeply miss my grandmother who passed when I was pregnant with corbin. Blessings to you and your grandmother.

The Harrell Family said...

That DID make me cry! Grandma Turpin is the sweetest lady! I really enjoyed the time that I helped at her house and she told me so many stories. I just love her! I'm glad you had such a great time!

Anonymous said...

I cried too! Such a sweet story! That's amazing that Hannah gets to spend some time with her!