Friday, May 22, 2009

Kohl's Adventure

So, Hannah and I went to Kohl's the other day. I am sure our picture is totally posted everywhere to never let us back in the store again!!

So it all started when I just needed to make a quick trip for some shoes. I knew the exact pair I wanted and had a $10 off coupon! I decided Hannah could just walk in with me (no stroller or cart with stroller inside...BIG MISTAKE!!!). Well we walk over to the shoes and I am totally excited to find that the shoes are also on sale! YAY! So I get the last pair of shoes in my size! YAY again! So now we are off to the kid section to let Hannah pick out a new nightgown...Wrong! Hannah did not want a nightgown she wanted a new pair of shoes (so my daughter is totally obsessed with shoes...the girl has more than I do!). She got so mad...I mean out of control!! Hannah laid down in the middle of the floor and started to scream at the top of her lungs "Stay away from me!! I am not going anywhere with you!!" So you can just imaging the scene this caused. People started walking over to see what was going on and heads popping up from behind the racks! Then the dirty looks started...talk about embarrassed my face turned ten shades of red!! So I get her calmed down a little and we start to walk to the check out. I was holding her hand when she slipped away and ran off as fast as she could in the opposite direction. Then...she hid from me! I could not find her anywhere! A little panic set in and the I found her and she got a big ol swat on the behind! Oh the looks started again I thought for sure that CPS was on the way! We finally get to the check out and she is hanging from me since I now have a death grip on her arm! I was trying to sign my receipt and couldn't get it since Hannah was pulling on me. Then the man in line behind me reached up to hold my receipt for me so I could sign it! Thank you! Thank you! Then he said "Hey don't sweat it! We have all been there! It gets better!" I just had to laugh and said "I hope you are right!" Then we get to the car and I am shaking I am so mad at this point! I called my dad and said "you have to talk me out of beating my child to death!" So he said "Well you can't its against the law, you don't want to go to jail!" Thanks Dad you always make me feel better! Whew...what a day!

6 comments:

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

ha ha ha ha ha!! i can just picture it!! i've been there before! ahhhhhhh! take a deep breath!! i know, easier said than done! :)

Terry, Leslie, Noah, Allie, Laynie & Gracie said...

haha! Oh, you poor thing! The things I have to look forward to!

The Harrell Family said...

Even though I've heard this story being told 100 times.... I still cracked up reading it!!

Don't worry.... I don't think CPS actually exists!~

I'm sure my day is coming!!!

Sandy said...

I think if Hannah had doe that to me I would of started crying, then CPS would have been called and you would have had to come get us both!

The Utley Crew said...

ha! Kids...they sure do keep us on our toes, don't they? We have a little grocery store in town and it doesn't matter when we go in there, Abby goes ape shit. We could have been out all day and she was a total angel, but the min. we walk in that store, it's over. I have no idea why. We laugh about it now, but the first few times, I had no idea whose child she was...ha, it was like she turned into some demon child! Needless to say, we avoid that store for the most part. ha!

Jaime Mac said...

OMG! How horrifying for you!! HAHA about beating her to death! :)